13 January 2011

My Failure at the 45K Gamerscore Challenge

It's been a while since I've wrote about this and with good reason, I got a bit ill, hurt my self under the influence of alcohol (Don't do that at home kids, especially when there's drinking games) and as a result I got no where near my goal. So what shall I do to make up for it, read on to find out.



I feel that my punishment should fit the crime somewhat so I have came up with two potential punishments, both are awful and somewhat difficult and I will not choose which one to pick, instead my good friend Nic (who you can see in his gaming blog HERE). So, Nic, here are your choices...

OPTION 1

Complete Final Fantasy XIII

I mentioned in my best of earlier that FF XIII was my biggest disappointment of the year, and rightly so. I never did get very far though, and if truth be told, I've never been very good at RPGs even if I do love them. But to complete FFXIII from start to finish would take some considerable time, patience, effort, and maybe some tears from me to have to do it. But I would...eventually.

OPTION 2

Get an achievement in Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2

This one would be somewhat humiliating, and an exercise in tedium. This is quite possibly the worst game I own, and the hardest for achievements. To get one, ONE, I have to collect all the swimsuits for one character, to get them all, I'd have to get all the swimsuits about 9 times over, for all the characters. That would possibly take weeks or months of constant playing. Put that into a game where gambling is the most fun, and the titillation has the worst physics in a game I think this is a hefty punishment. I think THIS comic sums it up nicely, in what will be probably my only link to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

So why one achievement and not them all? Well, there's a thin line between punishment and a war crime, and I think having to deal with always having this game in my achievement list is punishment enough.

Those are the two choices, I think they're the right side of awful so over to you Nic, what will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment